The challenge is obvious. We get people to visit our site, but not all of them become customers. How do we change that?
There is no arguing the fact that increasing conversion rates equals increasing profits – turning a potential customer into a new customer is the ongoing conquest of the contemporary marketer. Although you may think that your conversion rates are good, which they might be, remember that they can always get better. Here are 7 things you should be doing in order to boost your website conversion rates:
- Simplify the contact process: Making it easy for your customer to get in contact with you and your offering is key. On average, a potential customer will spend 5 seconds looking for relevant information on a web page before navigating away. This small window of time is your opportunity to convert that person into a paying customer. Because of this, making important information stand out is crucial. An easy to find phone number, contact form, or live chat can mean the difference between you or your competitor gaining a new customer.
- Seamless navigation: Knowing that your window to make an impression is limited, making sure that your website is easy to navigate is vital. Fast loading web pages and intuitive aesthetics are key players in maintaining a potential customer’s attention. Avoid clutter at all costs; make relevant information simple and easy to find. Research shows that the longer a user stays on a website, and the easier it is for that user to move around the website, the greater the chance they will become a customer.
- Track everything: Knowing what piques your audiences’ interest can lead to higher conversion rates. It is sometimes found that those features you think will drive traffic get ignored, while something irrelevant pulls more potential customers to your site than you ever expected. Leverage traffic driving features while eliminating those that do not by tracking every click. You’ll be surprised at what gets the most attention.
- Verify your credibility: Reassure that you are a reliable online vendor by showing “trust” seals from the Better Business Bureau or web security firms. Customers want to know that they are placing their money in the hands of competent businesses that are not going to sell their information – this can be accomplished by showcasing your credibility. Consumer confidence is a highly valued asset, and securing that confidence with official credentials can help the skeptical visitor become a loyal customer.
- Streamline the checkout process: How are you going to convert website visitors into customers if checking out isn’t a simple, pleasurable experience? Making sure customers aren’t frustrated when it’s time to take their money can be the difference between making the sale and losing a customer. Test all types of checkouts that your website provides: guest checkouts, returning customer checkouts, and one-click checkouts should operate seamlessly in order to quickly convert visitors into customers.
- Proof of satisfaction: Current customers are the best salespeople when trying to convert new customers. Testimonials and user reviews can help solidify your company’s customer service practices, thus providing potential customers with the security that they will be taken care of. The Internet provides consumers with an endless amount of options, so make sure your reviews are speaking to the defining features that make your company unique.
- Satisfaction guarantee: There is a reason that companies who stand behind their products often end up with the most customer loyalty. In a world where customer service outranks other desirable company traits, a satisfaction guarantee can help minimize customer apprehensions, thus driving higher conversion levels. The idea that buyer remorse can be alleviated by offering longer windows for returns can help convert more of your website visitors into loyal customers.
If you value sales and profits, which everyone does, then you should be approaching your website conversion with the same level of importance. Think of it this way, if you have 1000 visitors to your website per day, then improving your conversion rate from 2% to 3% equals 10 additional customers each day. On a monthly basis, that equals 300 more customers per month. The hurdles that stand between converting a website visitor into a loyal customer can be overcome with a few simple methods, all of which can be provided by the professionals at ClickTecs.
About the Author : Jamshaid (Jam) Hashmi
A serial entrepreneur with extensive background in franchising and interests in multiple online business channels, Jamshaid (Jam) Hashmi has played an instrumental role in the franchise development and success of an international franchise company. His most recent entrepreneurial interests include launching ClickTecs, a Digital Marketing company specializing in Search Engine Marketing and Social Media Marketing as well as Website and Mobile Application development. In 2007 he co-founded Search Result, an online marketing company that supplies services to Internet Marketing Consultants. A sought after public speaker, Jam has been the featured keynote at many franchise conferences and international summits. He regularly trains ‘C’ Level Executives and supports both new and seasoned business owners on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Optimization, Mobile Marketing, Brand Reputation Management and Conversion & Measurement through web analytics. When he’s not scaling the heights of the Internet world, Jam ‘unwinds’ on extreme thrill-seeking adventures from the jungles of the Amazon to the highest summits. His passions include working with NGOs on humanitarian missions to areas around the world affected by disasters and poverty.Back