10 Action Tips for Social Media Marketing Tip #3 | Facebook Business Pages
It is widely accepted that Facebook is an area for great opportunity for businesses to grow their brands. Facebook has specific areas for businesses and specific areas for personal profiles. The Facebook business timeline is a great area to promote your brand, build loyal followers, gather insights from your customers, run contests and much more.
Here are a few items to consider when thinking about building a Facebook Business Page and marketing on Facebook.
- Use the official Facebook buttons on your website. This will encourage people to come to your page and ‘Like’ it, connect with your brand and share what they find with their friends.
- Begin by setting up a Facebook Page. You can simply go to facebook.com/pages to create a business page with a few clicks
- Name your Business Page.If you’re an admin of a Facebook Page, you’ll be able to choose a username for it at http://www.facebook.com/username just like someone selecting a username for their timeline. You can choose a username for each eligible Page you manage.
- Experiment with Promoted Posts, Sponsored Stories, and regular advertising. You can try the various types of paid advertising on Facebook to build likes, engage fans and gather feedback on what your customers really want. You can also direct people to a conversion focused landing page or your website with Facebook Paid Ads.
- Go beyond Facebook Insights. There are other services, beyond Facebook Insights, that can offer great analytics on your Facebook Business Page. Here are a few you may want to take a look at. (AgoraPulse, PageLever, Webtrends, AllFacebook Stats, Socialbakers, and Simply Measured. You can even get a little extra insight into your personal profile with WolframAlpha.)
- Share Content on a Regular Basis. With the increasing importance put on content, make sure your are leveraging your Facebook page to push out Press Releases, Product Videos, Podcasts or Webinars, News Features, Images and Videos as well as Blog Posts. Elicit feedback and give kudos to engaged fans.
- Use appropriate image sizes. There are a few numbers you need to be aware of so your images don’t seem distorted.
- Cover photo: 851 x 315
- Profile picture: 180 x 180
- Thumbnail image for apps: 111 x 74
- Highlighted & milestone images: 843 x 403
- Images within wall posts display as 404 x 404
Following some of the steps above will help you get setup and begin to start to communicate with those interested in what you have to offer. Like any form of marketing, you have to actively manage and stay on top of it to get the best results from your Facebook Business Page.
About the Author : Google
A serial entrepreneur with extensive background in franchising and interests in multiple online business channels, Jamshaid (Jam) Hashmi has played an instrumental role in the franchise development and success of a renowned international franchise company. His most recent entrepreneurial interests include launching ClickTecs, a Digital Marketing company specializing in Search Engine Marketing and Social Media Marketing as well as Website and Mobile Application development. In 2007 he co-founded WSI Search Result, an online marketing company that supplies services to Internet Marketing Consultants. A sought after public speaker, Jam has been the featured keynote at many franchise conferences and international summits. He regularly trains ‘C’ Level Executives and supports both new and seasoned business owners on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Optimization, Mobile Marketing, Brand Reputation Management and Conversion & Measurement through web analytics. When he’s not scaling the heights of the Internet world, Jam ‘unwinds’ on extreme thrill-seeking adventures from the jungles of the Amazon to the highest summits. His passions include working with NGOs on humanitarian missions to areas around the world affected by disasters and poverty.BACK