Beginner’s Guide to Optimizing Question Queries for Franchise Development
Especially with the growth of voice search, more and more users are querying with complete questions, rather than Googling a jumble of keywords.
For example, a franchise development prospect might query: “What are the best franchises to buy?”
Accordingly, today’s post is all about how researching and optimizing for these “question queries” can boost your franchise development.
Why Bother with Question Queries for Franchise Development?
- Endless creative content ideation. Great ideas are the heartwood of quality content and ad campaigns, both of which are critical for your franchise development in 2019. Fresh, inspired content is inherently more engaging than rehashed information, and usually makes for less competition compared to those well-worn ideas that everyone tries.
Of course, creating fresh, inspired content is easier said than done. But perhaps not, if you’re paying attention to the questions your audience is asking. You don’t need to “think outside the box” if you can peer inside the minds of your audience; in fact, niche question research might be the #1 most powerful source of content inspiration. Gearing your content towards providing answers for queries being made by your target audience is a surefire route to successful franchise development.
- Questions are highly engaging. When you ask questions, you naturally trigger an “answering reflex” in the human brain. Piquing the interest of your audience in this way is a great idea. Sprinkling questions into your landing pages and social media feed makes these assets much more compelling, getting more eyes on content driving franchise development.
- Question research leverages the power of voice search. Franchise development teams are now starting to realize that voice search matters. A BrightLocal study found that 58% of consumers used voice search to find local business information within the last year, and that 46% of voice search users seek local businesses daily.
Unlike traditional typed queries, voice searches tend to be phrased as complete questions. Thus, rather than typing “best franchise development strategies,” a voice search user would ask aloud, “What are the best franchise development strategies?” Conducting question research allows you to pinpoint queries and optimize for voice search to get a leg-up on the competition in 2019.
- Question optimization increases organic search visibility. In addition to the ways mentioned already, question optimization makes your content eligible for “featured snippets” and Google’s “People Also Ask” results, which exponentially increases how far your franchise development content can reach.
Getting Started with Question Research
Where do you look for question queries to incorporate into your franchise development content?
These two free and easy resources should get you started:
- People Also Ask.
Google “People Also Ask” feature suggests related questions to a given query. To access this information, simply input a query that relates to your franchise development.
For instance, when you search for “what franchise should I buy?”, you’ll see the following questions in the “People Also Ask” box:
- What is the best franchise to buy?
- How much money do you make owning a franchise?
- Which franchises are most profitable?
- What’s the cheapest franchise to open?
Content geared towards answering these questions, which Google is telling us are popular, will yield better results than “scattershot” content that simply lists off random selling points.
- Google Suggest
Google Suggest is the name for the auto-complete feature you may have experienced while typing into the Google search bar. Suggestions are made based on how other users query, which means we can safely assume all Google Suggest results have a solid search volume and demand.
From the Google homepage, start typing in a query related to franchise development. “Best franchise” is a good place to start. But don’t press enter to complete your search–instead, look at the suggestions being offered in the search bar. These Google Suggest results tell you what audiences are asking, and can form the basis of your franchise development content to attract more eyes and generate more leads.
Learn More About Optimizing Franchise Development with Question Query Research
Get in touch with our team at https://clicktecs.com/contact-us to start a free consultation and dig deeper into the art of researching, monitoring, and optimizing for user question queries to attract better candidates in 2019.BACK