10 Action Tips for Social Media Marketing Tip #1
In these series of blogs, I wanted to do a quick Action Session on Social Media Tips.
This blog will discuss the first video in a series of action tips you can implement in your business.
Write Blog Content that your Target Customers will Consume and Share
An online business blog is the smartest way to get found, build brand and authority, and get leads and clients.
- Get started, pick a topic.Getting started is often the hardest part, because there are a lot of choices. It’s never a good idea to start by staring at a blank screen. Keep a list of categories or major keywords that are important to your ideal customers. Use keyword research tools and feedback from your customers and even ideas from your competitors to see what’s a hot topic of discussion in your industry.
- What problem(s) does your business solve for customers? Pick one, research what others have written about it (using Google or a few of your favorite blogs for inspiration), then give your perspective and solutions.
- Go deep: why is this problem important to your customers? Why do they care? Why do you care? What’s unique about your point of view and your ability to solve this?
- Bring in real stories, real situations, real clients you’ve helped. Nothing says “results” better than your clients and their stories. This will build credibility and allow you to pitch your services subtly.
- Give readers a bulleted list of tips or questions. Ask people to try something out, an exercise, or to write down answers to a few key questions. The more you can get them to think or to interact, the more they will engage with your ideas… and eventually your business.
- Always ask for something from your readers. A call to action can be as subtle as “Think about this for your own situation,” or as direct as “Give me a call and let’s talk – or better yet, click here and I’ll answer your question personally.” Make it easy for people to share your blog by using Social Widgets.
- Before you publish, check for all your SEO elements. On Page SEO elements should be the first things that you should ensure are done. Putting keywords in the title, content, images are a good start.
Thanks for checking out the video. Please share it if you like it and comment below.
You can follow us on our social channels… or email us or visit our website for more tips.
About the Author : Google
A serial entrepreneur with extensive background in franchising and interests in multiple online business channels, Jamshaid (Jam) Hashmi has played an instrumental role in the franchise development and success of a renowned international franchise company. His most recent entrepreneurial interests include launching ClickTecs, a Digital Marketing company specializing in Search Engine Marketing and Social Media Marketing as well as Website and Mobile Application development. In 2007 he co-founded WSI Search Result, an online marketing company that supplies services to Internet Marketing Consultants. A sought after public speaker, Jam has been the featured keynote at many franchise conferences and international summits. He regularly trains ‘C’ Level Executives and supports both new and seasoned business owners on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Optimization, Mobile Marketing, Brand Reputation Management and Conversion & Measurement through web analytics. When he’s not scaling the heights of the Internet world, Jam ‘unwinds’ on extreme thrill-seeking adventures from the jungles of the Amazon to the highest summits. His passions include working with NGOs on humanitarian missions to areas around the world affected by disasters and poverty.BACK